Shop now Shop now Shop now See more Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More DIYED Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Shop now Shop now Shop now

xbox with kinect sensor or wii or ps3 with playstation move

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-8 of 8 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 7 Dec 2010 14:47:40 GMT
Mrs J A Swan says:
Hi

I want to buy a games console ---- but really torn between all 3 !! as the wii has wii fit etc... then the xbox has the kinect sensor and playstation now has the move........... which one would be better........... is the playstation move just as good as the wii ....

many thanks :)

In reply to an earlier post on 10 Dec 2010 06:57:19 GMT
Last edited by the author on 10 Dec 2010 07:01:27 GMT
The PS Move is aLOT better than the Wii. It detects z-axis movement (which is movement inward and outward from the TV) and is much more sensitive and intuitive when playing games. Also, the PS Move is supported by aLOT more hardcore games like LittleBigPlanet 2, Killzone 3, and Socom 4. But it also has the casual games like Sports Champions and Eye Pet. Also, the PS Eye can do full body motion just like the Kinect with a game that just came out called Kung Fu Live. The Move is alot better than the Wii and aLOT cheaper than the Kinect. I have personally bought the PlayStation Move (4 of them actually. haha) and it works perfectly. Buy the Move if you want the most versatile experience, both hardcore and casual games. Also, the PS3 has aLOT more games coming out this next year (Killzone 3, Socom 4, LBP2, Motorstorm: Apocalypse, Uncharted 3, Twisted Metal, etc. etc. The list goes on.). The PS3 also doubles as a 3D-capable blu-ray player and is still the best player on the market with the fastest loading times. (PSN: blumatt)

In reply to an earlier post on 10 Dec 2010 07:01:58 GMT
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on 10 Dec 2010 07:02:02 GMT
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on 10 Dec 2010 07:02:06 GMT

Posted on 30 Dec 2010 18:55:17 GMT
Mr. M. Cole says:
I agree with matthew, however it doesnt need 4 posts? Move over competition! (get it)

Posted on 31 Dec 2010 00:25:21 GMT
FriedPaneer says:
Wii was good fun (I have one) and Move is a slightly better Wii. However Kinect is way ahead and totally unique (why would you only want your arm/hand tracked when Kinect can track all of you ?). Check out Dance Central with Kinect, its the best dance game on any console, period.

Posted on 31 Dec 2010 12:22:34 GMT
I have the Wii, PS3 move and the Xbox 360 Kinect (therefore I have no bias opinion) and I agree with FriedPaneer the Kinect wins hands down. For better or for worse the Wii lacks the hardcore gaming of the other systems as it is family orientated.

Move positive: less space is required Move Vs Kinect,
Move negatives: the controller is quite difficult to use during game play as you must press buttons and move the controller and the movements are slightly out of sync with the gameplay. The main drawback is the constant requirement to recalibrate the controllers every game change.

Kinect Positive, full body recognition including facial which links to your gametag, movements are sharp
Kinect negative, the space required is dramatic and should only be bought if you have a room with 6-11 feet of free space otherwise its one player only for you!

Both sensors can monitor distance from the TV but Move is not as sharp, in relation to the previous comment PS3 and Xbox have many games coming out so.........the verdict.....if you are buying the console purely for the Move or Kinect capabilities check your room size........but if you can move things Kinect all the way.

I hope this helps
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  5
Total posts:  8
Initial post:  7 Dec 2010
Latest post:  31 Dec 2010

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about