Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Amazon Music Unlimited 4 months for £0.99 Shop now Fitbit

Am I the only one who would buy a leather bound set of all the books uk version

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 10 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 1 Aug 2008, 22:51:11 BST
I for one would love to buy the UK versions of the Harry Potter books leather bound with silk book marks etc. Why should these be confined to the US publisher. Maybe a set could come out with profits going to JKR charity?
Come on Amazon how about it?

In reply to an earlier post on 2 Aug 2008, 11:56:50 BST
Amazon U.S. have loads more HP stuff than the UK. You can order the set from the US via Amazon U.S or - take a copy of the ISBN numbers to your local Waterstones and get the to order it from the States. I ordered the Audiobooks (read by Jim Dale of Carry on fame!). Since then I've ordered countless stuff via Amazon and through Waterstones.

In reply to an earlier post on 2 Aug 2008, 15:07:09 BST
Cheryl says:
I do agree that the US have more products but there should be a leather bound version of the UK editions. I personally prefer the UK editions without the changes made for the US. Also having listened to both Jim Dale and Stephen Fry reading the books I much prefer Fry although this is totally all about personal preference.

In reply to an earlier post on 12 Aug 2008, 01:00:21 BST
iain halcrow says:
i do agree to mr wilson you can order items from the us or the other way round but the price of the doing is stupidly high, and why not give some of good Britsh stuff to the world such as fry audio book, or this leather and silk book.

In reply to an earlier post on 29 Aug 2008, 21:43:36 BST
Cateva says:
I too would love a set bound in leather etc but I wouldn't want books containing the USA changes. It's not Amazon you have to badger but Bloomsbury. Ask them why UK customers don't get the same range as USA.

In reply to an earlier post on 30 Aug 2008, 16:59:39 BST
Ms. T. Jones says:
I would buy a set if it came out. Be nice if they was all together in a Harry Potter type trunk.

In reply to an earlier post on 20 Sep 2008, 20:46:40 BST
K. L. M says:
Because the US market is about ten times bigger than the UK one because more people live there. Do the maths... why invest in an expensive production line (UK version in leather bound) if you'll only make sales in the 100s.

In reply to an earlier post on 28 Nov 2008, 00:18:46 GMT
Liam M says:
for once we have something the americans dont! i love the fact that we have JK Rowling and they dont lol she belongs to us!!!!! shes ours!!!

In reply to an earlier post on 10 Dec 2008, 01:22:07 GMT
Hannanora says:
lol Yes! Which makes it more annoying that the US gets more merchandise than us. I personally wouldn't want an American edition of my HP books. I bought Philosophers Stone in the US just because it's called Sorcerors and I'm finding it very strange reading it and seeing all these changes. Not to mention I prefer the UK illustrations. But doesn't the UK have the deluxe books anyway? I'd love to buy those when I have enough money. They're not leather bound but they look really nice anyway!

(And I prefer Stephen Fry as well!)

In reply to an earlier post on 10 Aug 2009, 18:09:56 BST
Last edited by the author on 10 Aug 2009, 18:12:34 BST
the UK has no deluxe versions just the adult cover ones. The UK covers are nicer. The illustrations in the books in the US ones are better and exist. The UK one has no internal illustrations also..The US illustrations are made of pastel and nice. The deluxe for the last 3 books are very nice. The last one has a dragon on it and they come with her signiture and a slipcase and a nice frame up cover. The fifth one has the Grimmauld house on the cover it's all blue. The 6th has the Gaunt house with Gaunt walking to it and Harry and Dumbledore watching and he last one has there escape on the a dragon. You can get new ones on Amazon and ebay. I found the 6th deluxe collectors for $6 sealed. The fifth one is rare to find. They have illustrations in the back to. They are nice.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  10
Total posts:  10
Initial post:  1 Aug 2008
Latest post:  10 Aug 2009

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

This discussion is about