Shop now Shop now Shop now Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Shop now Shop now

Why won't Xbox discs work in PS3 machines?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 47 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 24 Mar 2010 14:26:56 GMT
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on 26 Mar 2010 01:02:04 GMT
W. H. Hall says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on 26 Mar 2010 13:07:44 GMT
Your not actually being serious are you?

In reply to an earlier post on 26 Mar 2010 14:35:35 GMT
Yeah, why? Does your PS3 play them okay?

In reply to an earlier post on 26 Mar 2010 14:36:32 GMT
Thats a little unfair, however accurate it may be.

In reply to an earlier post on 7 Apr 2010 20:43:23 BDT
PS3 disks don't work on xbox.Are you Joking?

Posted on 1 May 2010 15:00:48 BDT
Last edited by the author on 1 May 2010 15:07:07 BDT
I wonder why you waste so much time writting bs. Are you disabled and can't go outside ? I mean even ridicule for fun sake has a limit you know?
Maybe Darwin is wrong after all.

In reply to an earlier post on 1 May 2010 17:45:13 BDT
Goodbye!

Me too. That being, I wonder why you waste so much time writting bs. Either your xbox plays ps3 discs fine or you are just trolling. Either way, I bet you are not really spanish. As for ridiculing darwin, I agree, he hadn't got an answer, only an unproven theory, just like religion.

As for you dislike for the disabled, you are on your own there. Not all disabilities are as obvious as yours.

Hello!

Mostu van berfen h'og voh moshu dan sangla'h vos munchen, jeh?

Posted on 1 May 2010 19:03:41 BDT
W. Atkinson says:
Ok, just to clear it up. This is what i've been told.
Xbox has games put on HD-DVDS, where PS3 has games on Blu Ray Discs. Both are NOT compatible with each other.

In reply to an earlier post on 1 May 2010 20:55:43 BDT
D. Sullivan says:
wrong. 360 games are on normal dvd's not HD-DVD's.

In reply to an earlier post on 2 May 2010 12:33:15 BDT
If thats the case, then why can you not play xbox games on your DVD player?

In reply to an earlier post on 2 May 2010 12:34:01 BDT
That sounds plausible, but I fail to see how that relates to the question.

In reply to an earlier post on 11 May 2010 16:23:14 BDT
fail

Posted on 22 May 2010 09:34:04 BDT
Mark Twain says:
okay, this is how it works, and I know this FOR SURE. Xbox 360 games come on normal DVDs, and PS3 games come on blu ray DVDs. They are not compatible with each other (they only work with the corresponding console). As for why DVD players & blu ray players cannot play these games, it's obvious. The players don't have the ability to read & interpret the game code that makes the game. Eg, if you have an Xbox 360 disc and u put it into a DVD player or blu ray player, you will see a message saying something like blah ... blah ... blah, please insert this disc into an Xbox 360 console. There you have it.

In reply to an earlier post on 22 May 2010 10:04:30 BDT
Well, I for one must say how your literary skills have declined since Huckleberry Finn. You have pointed out what happens, rather than why it happens. The question is why rather than what. As for DVD's and Blue Rays, they are the same size, so how does that work?

In reply to an earlier post on 22 May 2010 10:27:36 BDT
How is Max?

Posted on 23 May 2010 11:37:02 BDT
Nick says:
urrr... cuz there for xbox

Posted on 30 May 2010 16:20:56 BDT
This is without a doubt the most ridiculous post I have ever seen.

Xbox software works only on the Xbox platform - I don't really care what happens to PSP

In reply to an earlier post on 5 Jun 2010 20:07:56 BDT
Ian Hamilton says:
a blu ray player uses a blue laser rather than a red one. so dvd players and xbox's cant blu rays because they do not use this laser

In reply to an earlier post on 5 Jun 2010 20:26:38 BDT
Is that philosophy or something? I think, therefore it was?

In reply to an earlier post on 5 Jun 2010 20:29:11 BDT
Don't be so hard on yourself, I have seen worse one's than yours. Xbox software may only work on xboxes, I am on about the xbox 360. The old xbox live recently closed down, so thats why they probably don't work. PSP's are held in the hand, and not sat on a shelf or similar like an xbox 360. Thinking about it now, maybe yours is the most ridiculous post ever.

In reply to an earlier post on 5 Jun 2010 20:31:21 BDT
Whereas that is a plausible answer, owing to the laser colors being different, ie one red and one blue, these are only spectral differences to our perception. The actual colors are exactly the same so I don't think that the lasers being different can be the reason. Good stab though Ian.

In reply to an earlier post on 5 Jun 2010 20:35:33 BDT
Ian Hamilton says:
but they are different they have different wave lengths the one in the blue laser is shorter, so the disk is able to hold more on it as the laser can read more of the disk. and to your original question xbox disks dont work on a ps3 because they are coded for the xbox not the ps3

In reply to an earlier post on 5 Jun 2010 21:17:10 BDT
The wave length is immaterial. Just because a laser is closer to the disc doesn't make it hold more, it may speed up reading a fraction, but that is all. The games are the same on xbox and PS3, I have played both versions of the same game on both machine types and have seen each others discs working in the others machines. DVD's and blue ray discs are the same size too.

In reply to an earlier post on 5 Jun 2010 21:30:02 BDT
Ian Hamilton says:
The wavelength is important because it is smaller. That means that ,even though the disks are the same size, the laser has the capability to read more information from the same size of disk
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  23
Total posts:  47
Initial post:  24 Mar 2010
Latest post:  24 Sep 2010

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 8 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about