Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Exclusive playlist - Elton John Pre-order now Shop Women's Shop Men's
I need a wireless remote to control an upstairs plug in light from downstairs in an old house. Is this suitable?
asked by Mistysummer on 24 Jan. 2014
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-7 of 7 answers
A
Hi misty
Assuming it's not more than the next floor up, the controller is not miles away at the other end of the house and your floor is not concrete it will be fine. If not return it.
notthedoctor answered on 24 Jan. 2014
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Yes an ideal solution.
55stew550 answered on 24 Jan. 2014

A
I use these to control my garden lights which are plugged in outside and I use the remote from my living room with no problems so I think they will be ideal for you.
Dblebill answered on 25 Jan. 2014
Comment | 2 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Should be fine unless your walls are extra thick or you have something in your house that would interfere with the signal.
mike answered on 25 Jan. 2014

A
how good will the wireless signal be is the question and you have no way of knowing without trying it. For what it's worth, I have the same product in my house and tried it from down stairs and it worked but I have a modern place.

buy it and try if it doesn't work send it back.
Phil Smith answered on 25 Jan. 2014

A
Probably, as this is exactly what they are for. So long as the RF signal can get through your walls and the receiver is within range (although you can add a signal booster) it should be fine. Can't seem to find out what the range is exactly as it depends on many things.
Peanut 99 answered on 25 Jan. 2014

A
Hello.. yes,.. that is exactly possible. Having purchased a lot of the devices, it is my routine to simply turn off all the main lights around the house from the bed. There is no need to go into each room turning them all off and stumbling in the dark to the bedroom.
With the internet controller, I can choose do it from the RFLightwave App.. where I have an option to turn every device off at the press of one button, or the wireless controller.
Amazon Customer answered on 28 Jan. 2014
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

See all questions about this product