Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Learn More Shop Women's Shop Men's

so when do we get the hardened / prestige editions?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-16 of 16 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 28 Aug 2012, 07:51:47 BST
Mike_H says:
how long until amazon adds the newly announced hardened and prestige editions to the pre orders? as the owner of the previous prestige editions i'll be preordering asap, with its care package "box" and a quadrotor inside its a must buy for me and with the dded bonus of NO COD ELITE CRAP.

In reply to an earlier post on 28 Aug 2012, 08:40:56 BST
I'm wondering the same thing.

Posted on 28 Aug 2012, 17:59:27 BST
Last edited by the author on 28 Aug 2012, 18:03:36 BST
A. Smith says:
It's not included but you'll still have to subscribe to it if you want the maps early.

Posted on 28 Aug 2012, 18:20:22 BST
With the amount of maps that have been released, I think Elite was really good value (I've only ever paid for CoD 4 maps).
If I have some spare money, I'll definitely renew Elite.

In reply to an earlier post on 28 Aug 2012, 18:49:44 BST
game.co.uk listed it as £159.99 are they joking!

Posted on 28 Aug 2012, 18:53:56 BST
I just received an e-mail from Amazon stating they now have the Hardened Edition.
Can't find it on here though...

In reply to an earlier post on 28 Aug 2012, 19:40:33 BST
Last edited by the author on 28 Aug 2012, 20:23:49 BST
Mike_H says:
£159.99 sounds about right, it was expected to be €175-180 and whilst cheaper in the USA there is always the risk of a region lock and given the weight of this shipping would be massive. and that's before all our lovely import duties and taxes.

sadly it looks like the prestige edition is exclusive to game so there is no chance of getting one any cheaper, i've preordered from there now, if it turns out not to as exclusive as they claim then i can always cancel it i guess, so now its up to amazon, do you want my money?

Posted on 29 Aug 2012, 10:41:18 BST
Taz Chowmein says:
So is it only via Game that you can get the Care Package collector's edition? Thinking of getting it for my boyfriend as an early Christmas present, wondering if it's worth waiting a little longer to see if it's available elsewhere? Lol.

Posted on 29 Aug 2012, 12:22:16 BST
marc says:
The prestige edition is available on amazon.fr for 180 euro, even on callofduty.com you find a link towards https://amazon.co.uk, but 0 results, when can we expect getting it on site for preorder ??

In reply to an earlier post on 29 Aug 2012, 15:04:48 BST
Last edited by the author on 29 Aug 2012, 15:05:11 BST
Mike_H says:
at present game uk have a banner saying that the prestige / care package is exclusive to them (at least for the uk), even though i preordered it from there i really hope that turns out not to be true so i can cancel and order it from here instead, but i dont want to risk it selling out and not being available elsewhere.

In reply to an earlier post on 29 Aug 2012, 20:19:36 BST
marc says:
if you follow callofduty.com you get a whole list to preorder it in uk, i just have mine on amazon.fr till something changes, i filled in an order on game.co.uk but it came on 205 euro to get it dispatched to belgium, i'm a freak but not crazy 25 euro delivery yea right.

In reply to an earlier post on 29 Aug 2012, 20:46:51 BST
Mike_H says:
yes, on call of duty.com it lists many stores carrying the care package version however go to any of the links and the best you'll find is the hardened edition (except game / gamestation).

€25 seems a fair delivery charge for what looks like a pretty heavy, large item sent internationally when you consider its often €8 or more just for a simple steelbook game.

Posted on 29 Aug 2012, 21:37:38 BST
Taz Chowmein says:
I actually went into Game today, and was told that the Care Package version is definitely exclusive to themselves and Gamestation in the UK. However, they may have just been saying that, I don't know how things may change between now and November.

Posted on 30 Aug 2012, 10:39:17 BST
Last edited by the author on 30 Aug 2012, 11:16:13 BST
James Gibson says:
I don't think the care package is worth £160 presumably the case is made of a cheap plastic that could possibly break in the post and it comes with a rc that people won't often use. It definately doesn't warrant an extra £90 for a plastic case and an rc. Also when it's clear that they saw the success of the borderlands loot chest and thought "that sold out in a few hours, if we do the same thing and charge £60 more we'll be just as successful!" althought the loot chest actually IS worth it for the swag you get. You guys have fun with your £160 game that is 99.9% the same as blops 1 ;) Although I am ranting on with the hate, I wish treyarch all the best with the fantastic zombies. Instead of shelling out a cod every year make a standalone zombies game. But seriously though have any of you ever said to yourself after just one year of having a new cod "yeah, I could really do with another cod game right about now!" no? I thought as much.

I'll be waiting for angry comments from butthurt cod fans now :)

In reply to an earlier post on 18 Sep 2012, 16:43:47 BST
D Payne says:
the fact you anticipate a care package ''box'' and a quadrotor is amusing enough, do you still collect pokemon?

Someone needs to take down all them cod posters from their bedroom and get a girlfriend

In reply to an earlier post on 18 Sep 2012, 20:57:41 BST
Mike_H says:
no, i dont collect pokemon and i dont think my wife would be too happy if i got a girlfriend.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  8
Total posts:  16
Initial post:  28 Aug 2012
Latest post:  18 Sep 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 5 customers

This discussion is about