I think the author writes fantasy/SciFi stuff incredibly well, and in this tale too, proved that she can definitely write. Not just write - full stop - but write an erotic tale too. It had a fair bit of sex for so short a tale, and the dialogue was decent too, but...it felt unreal.

Yes, I get that he rescued her from a flood, and that they ended up having hot sex, but for me, I couldn't believe in the characters, nor the attraction that they supposedly had for each other. It's OK if you just want to read about getting it on, but I'd have preferred a flash-bang kind of attraction, some hot and heavy stuff that I could believe in, which I didn't get here. Perhaps she's best suited to a longer tale - I may just have to read another shortie of hers to confirm.

OK as a read-and-delete, but not romantic or passionate in the true sense.
33 Comments|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 13 May 2011
Kinky, but not the point I wanted to become a born again virgin, and with enough of a connection between the characters to make the sex less random and cheap. I liked it. Made 30 minutes of my life a bit naughtier.

on 5 March 2012
The hero of this story - and he actually does perform a heroic deed - is the more interesting of the two characters. I think this is mainly because we get a little more of a back-story for him. The sex between the two is pretty torrid - the scenes are well written. However, after all of their respective internal yearnings and the conversations they have beforehand, the ending seemed pretty abrupt. To put it in television terms the screen went blank before the end of the show. Nevertheless, it is entertaining and an ok short read.