Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Exclusive playlist - Elton John Pre-order now Shop Women's Shop Men's

You guys wanna stop abusing the ratings just cos you like the show?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-7 of 7 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 11 May 2008, 12:59:06 BST
BritishHobo says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on 14 May 2008, 17:15:29 BST
Last edited by the author on 14 May 2008, 17:17:34 BST
S. Kitchener says:
You seem genuinley offended that 8 people didn't take to your review! People viewing the page for the DVD are most likely going to be fans of the show really arent they? If they agreed with a 2* review then chances are they wouldnt be browsing the complete first season on DVD...

Don't take it so personally!!!

Incidentally I have just read your review btw, and it's a very articulate and well justified review, but because I disagree with what you say I'm not going to enthusiastically hit the "Yes" button on the agree bit. Not hitting "no" either but there you go. And omg how can you find the person playing Olive annoying? Kirstin Chenowith is one of my favourites lol!

In reply to an earlier post on 18 May 2008, 10:49:27 BST
I think you should grow up personally. Maybe it's just because people genuinely don't feel your review is helpful. I mean, I don't find giving a 2 star review just because you dislike the narration particularly helpful.

:)

In reply to an earlier post on 18 May 2008, 21:52:16 BST
Alison says:
I agree with what you have said about this review. Olive is one of my favourites too, I like how she is with Chuck's aunts.

In reply to an earlier post on 19 May 2008, 12:17:59 BST
Paul Tapner says:
your opinion is valid and something you are entitled to but what you've posted is an opinion not a review. a review of a dvd should cover all the episodes any extras and say what the dvd has in the way of subtitles and language tracks and the like.

But you're so right on one thing: just because people don't like a review doesn't mean it's unhelpful. votes are supposed to be on whether they're helpful or not, not on whether people agree or disagree with them. I do wish people would get that concept!

In reply to an earlier post on 10 Sep 2008, 09:16:49 BST
Paul, I don't think that most people will ever get the difference between a helpful review and a review that is helpful that they disagree with. It's a bit too subtle and people do in general look for things that they are either going to buy regardless of how good it is - music by a favourite artist, DVD of a series from TV, a computer game etc - or they are simply browsing using the famous amazon, you liked this look at this system, in which case they still have a vested interest in the items being shown to them as Amazon says they should like them. I write quite a few negative reviews/opinions on items and usually just expect to be panned, as people do not understand that telling them how it is - This software does not work on x, or this toy is rubbish, build quality is poor - is actually helpful!

In reply to an earlier post on 30 Aug 2009, 14:34:02 BST
It sounds like you need to grow up.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  7
Total posts:  7
Initial post:  11 May 2008
Latest post:  30 Aug 2009

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

This discussion is about