How to choose the right VoIP system?
• Consider who will be using the phone. A receptionist may only require basic functionalities whereas your CEO may require a full colour touchscreen, visual voicemail, multiple USB ports and more.
• Speakerphone is one of the most crucial functionalities of a VOIP phone. If you use this feature regularly for conferences or meetings, ensure the audio quality of your speakerphone is of the highest quality.
• If ease-of-use is important to you, choose a device where SIP accounts are easy to configure, ring tones are easily customizable and audio latency is low.
• Set a budget in advance. This forces you to carefully consider which functionalities are necessary and which are superfluous.
• If you can’t make a decision based on technical specifications, check out some of the industry awards for different models. ITSPA (Internet Telephony Service Providers' Association) is a highly reputable association that gives awards for VoIP devices.
• If you receive a high volume of incoming calls, you’ll need a lot of line appearances. For smaller businesses, 3 line appearances might be perfectly adequate, but for a receptionist in a large multinational corporation, 10 or more line appearances may be required.