Shop now Shop now</arg> Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Listen with Amazon Music Unlimited Shop now Shop now
Customer Discussions > London 2012 Olympic Games [DVD] forum

Is there a opening ceremony only DVD/BluRay?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-8 of 8 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 30 Sep 2012 20:10:22 BDT
OMA says:
I'm not really interested in the video of the actual sports or medal ceremonies. I just want the opening ceremony (if it includes the closing ceremony it's ok, too).

Is there an upcoming DVD/BluRay with only the opening/closing ceremony?

Posted on 2 Oct 2012 05:05:49 BDT
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on 19 Oct 2012 09:33:18 BDT
Dr Jools says:
Not a daft request at all. I'm looking for exactly the same thing for my elderly Mum who was out of the country at the time and missed it. Any helpful replies gratefully received

In reply to an earlier post on 18 Dec 2012 12:08:14 GMT
L Wilson says:
some of us are interested in art , but not sport . Not that difficult to work out .

Posted on 25 Dec 2012 22:58:12 GMT
Last edited by the author on 25 Dec 2012 23:01:05 GMT
Rich says:
If it's any help there are several videos of the London 2012 Olympics posted on YouTube which might whet your appetite to buying this full length video, the YouTube link to the Official Olympic channel by the IOC is http://www.youtube.com/user/olympic if you look to the right you can see links to featured playlists. Note that you can click on the sprocket icon shown below the video to change the quality to 1080p which is very high quality then watch full-screen by selecting the square icon to it's right.

If you find the video playback jerky then pause the video for a few minutes. And I would recommend if using a Mac to use a different browser from Safari and use Firefox to watch YouTube videos.

The London 2012 opening and closing ceremonies were truly breathtaking so highly recommended to be watched again and again.

Hope this helps.

Posted on 29 Dec 2012 07:00:51 GMT
Whereas I am asking if there is a DVD that only has the sport, I am not at interested in the ceremonies. But I suppose £10.99 for two and a half discs of sport isn't bad value, and those who want the ceremonies only are gettting the same value for money.

Posted on 26 Mar 2013 10:52:34 GMT
[Deleted by the author on 26 Mar 2013 10:55:20 GMT]

Posted on 22 Jul 2013 09:54:44 BDT
babe12 says:
one year later 2013, and i am still trying to find to buy the 2012 Olympic games opening. I need one for my self, and 2 more for family in Tasmania, & America, any help out there as to where I can get these DVDS.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  8
Total posts:  8
Initial post:  30 Sep 2012
Latest post:  22 Jul 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 5 customers

This discussion is about