For successful programme management: think MSP Paperback – 31 Dec 2007
|New from||Used from|
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Top customer reviews
They advertise as being like a beginner's guide to the MSP framework, and I suppose, in this respect they are successful.
The basics of MSP are expounded, and many of the figures from the main manual are reproduced, but, for me as a practitioner of programme management, the book is too long to be a primer (the pocketbooks are better for this) and too short to replace the manual as a reference material (particularly one which has been annotated as many manuals will be!)
It rather falls between these stools and fails, for me, in the third option I saw for it, as a guide for senior management to understand the basics of the discipline and their part in it.
It's a shame, and the cost is high for what you get.
In a market where there is a bit of a dearth of product for the 2007 MSP syllabus I had hoped for more.
As with MSP itself, the only area where there book needs more detail is on managing the transition from project deliverables to their implementation (transition planning) - for more information on this please look at my new book - Managing Business Transformation: A Practical Guide
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > E-Commerce > Managers' Guides to Computing
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Economics
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Management > Change Management
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Management > Project Management
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Professional Finance > Insurance
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Professional Finance > Risk Management
- Books > Computing & Internet > Web Development > E-commerce