Top critical review
43 people found this helpful
Sennheiser X2 Gaming Headset
on 14 April 2012
I was long overdue a new Xbox headset as the current headset I was using (the original Microsoft headset) was getting worn out as I had been using it for 3 years or so and I eventually broke it. So I had a look around Amazon, I wasn't willing to pay for than £15 for a headset as I am not a 'Heavy Gamer' just play games for fun and to talk to my mates etc... and saw this headset and the reviews seemed pretty good so I thought why not and purchased it.
It came within 3 days of confirming the order which, as I normally am, impressed with Amazon's delivery service. The packaging of the headset was very nice, no damage and the headset, seemed in a good condition. After opening the packaging I tried the headset on and I must say, it is 50x more comfortable than the Microsoft headset, takes a while to get used to but once your used to it, you wonder why you had the Microsoft headset for such a long time!
One of the main reason I purchased this headset was because of the brand, I knew Sennhieser very well as have owned some of their other products in the past and I was positive that I wouldn't be unsatisfied. This headset is a rather cheap coming in at £15 compared to the other makes of headset such as Turtlebeach etc...
Now lets get down to what you really want to hear,
- Extremely comfortable to wear, no irritation issues, perfect for long periods of usage.
- The mute/volume controls are very sturdy and not flimsy whatsoever
- Build quality is near enough to perfect, just adjusting the microphone seems a little flimsy but does not budge when moving your head.
- Looks great
- People have commented on my voice being much more crisp.
- I found that when comparing the speaker in the Sennheiser to the standard Microsoft headset, that the Sennheiser has a lot more bass, which makes it a little harder (for me anyway) to understand what people are saying.
- Does take a considerable amount of time to get used to the headset (in my case anyway).
- Microphone is fixed and is not flexible. I don't find it an issue but others might.
So to conclude its a great headset except minor speaker issues, feels great, looks great and overall for £15 you really cannot complain.