Top critical review
4 people found this helpful
Disappointing - sent them back.
on 13 March 2010
I ordered these on the strengths of the many good reviews. I have mahoosive calves and can never find tall boots to fit so I thought 'hooray - boots for fat legs! 'As per advice I sized down. Folks, these boots are HUGE. Still far too big (even in the calf). I am SO disappointed. In my opinion, the quality is not that good either. Compared to my (short) Warmbat 'Kangaroo Classics':
- The sheepskin (and they are real sheepskin - there seems to be some confusion as to materials) is much thinner and will probably stretch quite quickly, making them even bigger!.
- Although the wool is nice and soft, the downside of this is that it will wear out quickly.
- The manmade EVA sole is hard and inflexible (Warmbats have a flexible natural rubber sole)
- The insole is not removable so the sizing can't be adjusted by slipping a plain insole undeneath the wool one nor could it be easily replaced when worn out.
I've given 2 stars because:
- The 'charcoal' colour is lovely
- The price (at the moment) is good, but they would be massively overpriced at the original £85!
In summary : They are fine if you want a cheap (<£40) pair of boots for one season, but go TWO sizes down.
If you want a quality boot which will last, buy Warmbats (half to one size down). (note: other brands are available!!!)