Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Learn More Shop now Shop Women's Shop Men's

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-7 of 7 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 18 May 2010, 12:04:16 BST
reading several posts there would seem to be an Actifry with a larger fan? .. has anyone had one of these blow up? or has it cured the problem?

In reply to an earlier post on 20 May 2010, 23:44:06 BST
Anyone know when the Tefal patent runs out and there will be similar products by different makers?

In reply to an earlier post on 19 Oct 2010, 16:05:46 BST
RazWaz says:
In 70 years.

Posted on 19 Oct 2010, 22:14:38 BST
Mrs pooley says:
the phillips airfryer is a brand new product very similar and you need less fat too!! looks good! but i cant afford one £200!! and they are a low capacity
my actifry lid and paddle broke last week and they wont replace as i cant find original receipt even though i have proof of purchase through paypal! grrr

Posted on 4 Nov 2010, 22:08:49 GMT
S. L. Quinn says:
Not a mkII but I think they have improved/enhanced the model after reported problems, better fan to handle the high heat etc.

Posted on 12 Nov 2010, 20:14:28 GMT
Nosilaelad says:
The problem won't be recitified by a better fan unless the machine cuts out automatically if the fan stops. Many of the overheating problem have been caused because the fan stopped working but the motor carried on and ended up overheating. I really loved this appliance but finding the kitchen in flames after leaving it unattended for 5 minutes was scary. Luckily most of the damage was to the machine itself.

Posted on 23 Nov 2010, 21:00:59 GMT
bidrick says:
Managed to stop our 2 year old Actifry just as fan seized, and having just invested in a new paddle on it's first outing, we decided to buy new fan motor for it. Tefal have now added an extra fan on rear of the motor to aid cooling, but I had to cut a hole in back of case to accommodate extra fan. I've just repaired the paddle shaft (Tefal have apparently modified that too) and now the plastic lid is cracking up, so I think it's time to look at the Phillips Airfryer. The Actifry is a good idea, with excellent results when it works, but very poorly designed and put together.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  7
Total posts:  7
Initial post:  18 May 2010
Latest post:  23 Nov 2010

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 4 customers