Top positive review
8 July 2018
- The sharpness is not as good as the smartphones, unfortunately. I have compared photos taken with iPhone 6s and Xperia XZ, and the smartphone photos have better sharpness, most of the time.
- The noise control is better than the Xperia XZ and maybe slightly better than iPhone 6s, given different scenarios.
- the colour is very good, especially under good lighting condition.
- When taking photos, the battery is satisfactory. I have managed a full day use (~100 photos) and left with 2 bars.
- when taking 4k videos the battery is really bad. a 3-minute 4k video finished the battery from full for me, which is really a surprise. Come on, 3 minutes... really?
3. Toughness and water-proof
- The water-proof ability is as advertised. But I have only used it once underwater.
- the Lens, however, is really not scratch resistant at all. I have used it less than 10 times in total and have been very careful. Yet there are a couple of visible scratches already developed. To me, this is a big disappointment. As a rugged camera, I would expect the lens to be as tough as the rest of the body and be able to handle a few impacts without showing a visible scratch. And I definitely not expect this after a moderate use.