Top positive review
7 people found this helpful
Good unit but some issues that do not make it perfect.
on 3 April 2016
The LifeCam Studio webcam.
1. Neat unit - appears to be well constructed.
2. Good base that will sit in different monitors, laptops etc. Being able to mount on a tripod or microphone stand is a useful facility.
3. The picture quality is - like many cameras of this type - superior in natural light. In other situations it is good for Internet conversations but not good enough to make quality recordings. (Manual and autofocus are quite slow in lower light conditions.
4. Audio is adequate.
5. The ability to pan and tilt has some use but is dependent on how far the camera lens is 'zoomed'.
1. The packing box says Windows 10 but when the drivers are downloaded you currently read that not all functions will work.
2. The camera does work with Windows 10 OS but the gimmick stuff does not on my PC. (Putting silly animated hats overlays is no interest to me - or most others buying a camera of this type).
3. The software allows adjustment of zoom, pan, tilt, focus - but response is slow.
4. Software allows the user to change modes e.g. focus and auto focus etc.
5. The lens cap us useless and consistently falls off!
Thus unit has the potential to be very useful but is let down in a number of areas.
I hope my review is useful for those considering purchase.