on 11 February 2009
I ordered this product as a Christmas present to me from my parents, and I'm very glad I did! As I love curries and live on my own, I decided the size and design was perfect for me (larger pots aren't as good for cooking smaller quanities).
I have actually only cooked one curry in it so far though, as I have been trying out various other recipes, including bolognese, rice pudding and stock and all have been delicious. It comes with a Patak's recipe book which I haven't used as it is mainly cooking with jars of ready made sauces, and I prefer cooking with fresh ingredients. There is also a handy instruction manual including a few regular recipes which I have tried and these are good. So don't be put off by the name, treat yourself to a couple of general slow cooker recipe books and experiment.
This doesn't have a timer facility like some of the more expensive models, but I knew that before I purchased so will not deduct any stars, and it isn't as sturdy as some of the bigger models, but you get what you pay for, and this is good value for money.
I love the fact that this looks completely different to any other model on the market, and the purple ceramic pot looks great when served on the table.
A very good buy!
11 Comment| 7 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink
What's this?

What are product links?

1. Find the product you want to reference on Amazon.com
2. Copy the web address of the product
3. Click Insert product link
4. Paste the web address in the box
5. Click Select

Please write at least one word
You must purchase at least one item from Amazon to post a comment
A problem occurred while submitting your comment. Please try again later.

There was a problem loading the comments at the moment. Please try again later.

Product Details