Learn more Download now Shop now Browse your favorite restaurants Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more

on July 14, 2008
Lego, and Star Wars; what a fantastic idea! As a game? Well, actually yeah, that really rather works. As an easy, pick-up-and-play game, 'LEGO Star Wars: the Complete Saga' is a great addition to any young Jedi's library of entertainment.

Now, I don't go around with a mind purposeful of party-pooping; but, for those of us a little more mature, I must raise a concern or two.

Firstly, doesn't anyone else see, that releasing two games, and then releasing them again together, as a bit cheeky? I mean, I like to make money as much as the next guy, but why didn't you just bang all six into the first game? It doesn't even really seem to offer much in the way of newness either. Obviously, there's the combined movies in one game, and the functionality of the Wii-mote, but if you've just finished the two older games on another console, you're not going to miss out on much.

Also, I felt that this game was a little slack in some areas. For example, the Wii-mote was not terribly responsive to my commands, and indeed, I found it somewhat tiresome to be constantly swinging my arms around, and eventually just ended up using the directional pad, which, I thought, almost nullified the whole point of playing it on the Wii (though this could relate more to the Wii on the whole, rather than just this game). The game itself, whilst being what it is, still feels quite, well, mindless.

Now, I do understand the whole point of this game, but it still left me feeling, like I was just doing the same thing all of the time; that was a little boring.

On the whole, however, I don't want to disillusion you by saying this game is bad; it isn't. Taking a step back, 'LEGO Star Wars' is a humorous, nostalgic and amusing game, and not a bad way to invest in ~£30; in fact, if you've just picked up a Wii for your little Anakin Skywalker, or fancy waving your arms around, Skywalker style, then I really can't think of a better game to get started on. Just know that a lot of people like to get very excited about things, and that sometimes it's better to buy with open eyes, than with rose-tinted glasses.
0Comment| 54 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse| Permalink
What's this?