on 10 September 2011
In the mid 60s I would go out of my way to be at any gig Graham Bond was playing. As a teenager I found his music absolutely compelling in its rawness. There is no doubt that he was iconic for his time and being at the clubs he played at in London was an amazing experience enriched by the ambiance and the "fellow travellers"; those who appreciated his music and his style. Being there was it. However, I haven't heard any Graham Bond for a very long time and although the CD transports me back it does not speak to me in the same way as Graham Bond's live performance which was something else. Nevertheless, I have enjoyed listening to his music again despite the time lapse since the 1960s and my last experience of a Bond gig. Fortunately I was of an age when I was able to experience the music of all those iconic bands before they became famous such the Rolling Stones, the Yardbirds, Alexis Korner's Blues Incorporated, the Tridents and Jeff Bec, Georgie Fame, Zoot Money, Chris Farlow, Manfred Mann, John Mayall, and many others who became heroes of the 60s generation. Graham Bond was part of the scene of which I was a participant and having this CD in my collection even if it has some shortcomings allows me to reflect on a golden age of blues bands in London and regret old age.
What's this?

What are product links?

1. Find the product you want to reference on Amazon.com
2. Copy the web address of the product
3. Click Insert product link
4. Paste the web address in the box
5. Click Select

Please write at least one word
You must purchase at least one item from Amazon to post a comment
A problem occurred while submitting your comment. Please try again later.

There was a problem loading the comments at the moment. Please try again later.

Product Details