4.0 out of 5 stars assasssin's creed 2.2 (aka assassin's creed brotherhood), 10 Oct. 2012
This review is from: Assassin's Creed Brotherhood (PC DVD) (DVD-ROM)
I would like to start this review by saying I never comment on time delivery unless there are really taking the mic. Nevertheless due to the amount of complains I saw here before I bought the game, I can't help to defend the vendor (iNetVideo in that case).

Yes the vendor operate in Canada so what!!!! the DVD is not region lock, if you are buying from this vendor it means you could not find cheaper at the moment you bought the game.

I paid that game very cheap £6.50 which also include £2.03 shipping fees. From the order it took 2 weeks to arrived so what's the big deal about being patient?
At the end of the day I managed to get a game very cheap, save £10 on average by being patient. The game arrived well packed and compare to the assassin's creed 2 game I brought in UK I had no just one but two quick start manual (in English and in French).

I won't go into the story of that game cause i would assume that you had played Assassin's creed 1 and/or 2 and i don't wanna spoil the fun. If you haven't play assassin's creed 2, I would strongly suggest to play it first otherwise you won't get that game.

One thing I noticed nearly straight away, is that when I played that game during the 1st hour. I have the feeling it was means to be with the orignal assassins creed 2 and ubisoft kind of stretch that game to make it on his own.

As far as the main plot goes you don't really learn major things which is also why that game feels like a filler for me, and i think that game was supposed to be included in the 2nd chapter. When you go over it, the game is really fun and there is plenty thing to do. I also like some of scenes of the game where it's a bit "holywoodish" and when Ezio's mum and sister become pimp. You can now train and improve your assassin skill via the virtual.

My only criticisms are that most of the action so far (i haven't beat the game yet) is just locate in Rome.Ezio is very hard to control some time. You can feel the game has been originally think as PS3/Xbox game. Oh yeah I nearly forgot the "capitalist" apsect of the game, what???? Yeah in order to built your bortherhoood you need cash, and to get more cash you need to make some investments (bank, building, shops) this for me is a bit of laid down even if it's justify.

Pro:
- graphics seems to be refine.
- plenty things to do.
- really fun and nice cliches will make you smile.

Cons:
- controller, like assassin's creed 2 ezio can be very difficult to control during free running or even fight.
- U play apps and that DRM which implies a constant internet connection.
- fell more a filler/add-ons than an actual game. you also need to have played assassin's creed 2, to really understand the game)
- don't reaally like the music in that game (prefer by far the one in assassin's creed 1 and 2)

One of the thing you must have hear about is the intrusive DRM. Well that one seems as intrusive as assasssin's creed 2. To be honest I did not have much problem with Assassin's creed bortherhood except when it took me age to install the game.

Again I did not encounter too much issue (U play crash after I exit from the game) while playing both games and I can't complain about it. i also have to say that before purchasing that game I had a workaround for the DRM and this for both Assassin's creed 2 and Assassin's bortherhood, but I never use them.

I run the game on mid/high-range setting and here my configuration:

- AMD Athlon 64 X2 4200 +
- Nvidia Geforce GT240 - 1 GB VRAM
- 6GB RAM DDR2
- Creative soundblaster Audigy 4
- Windows 7 x64 Ultimate edition
- Airflow controller/nostromno N52

Note: Make sure you have the latest graphic and audio driver. At the end of assassin's creed 2 and at the begining of that game. I did not have any sound for most of the game, it when I updated the drivers of my sound card and grahics card I have the sound back. it seems to be a commun issue which is easily solvable.

[Add comment]