on 7 November 2012
I am a huge fan of Canon cameras and no toehr make will ever do for me. So when I was replacing my second Ixus as it was rather old, I immediately choose this one as it had good reviews. True, it had only been out about a week but I wanted it! However the reality didn't match the good reviews and I am sorely disappointed in the camera for the following reasons:

The auto feature takes awful photos. They are blurry, the contrast is awful and the auto feature is rendered useless.

The fireworks feature doesn't capture fireworks in their glory - disappointing.

The lens cap doesn't open properly, obscuring shots in both the bottom left hand corner and top right hand corner. Unfortunately my emails to Canon have gone unanswered and now my warranty is over one year old despite the emails I have been sending for around 6 months to them about it. Very poor customer service.

The facia scrapes very easily and there is no case supplied with the camera.

It is heavier than other Ixus' that I have owned.

The touchscreen varies between being overly sensitive to just not working at all. It drives me insane!

When taking photos, if your finger brushes the touchscreen, the camera starts filming a movie instead of taking photos.

I would seriously consider buying another make or at least a Sure Shot Canon instead. I still love Canon but think I may be looking to Nikon for my next compact camera.
What's this?

What are product links?

1. Find the product you want to reference on Amazon.com
2. Copy the web address of the product
3. Click Insert product link
4. Paste the web address in the box
5. Click Select

Please write at least one word
You must purchase at least one item from Amazon to post a comment
A problem occurred while submitting your comment. Please try again later.

There was a problem loading the comments at the moment. Please try again later.