on 30 August 2009
So many of the bands in this book my brother and I saw, bought their records or followed them passionately through the dark nights that is England. In the case of Felt, that band and their music changed my life.

That Cavanaugh has worked so hard to collect this detail is amazing. I dont care about the end of Creation when McGee is taking drugs (I just couldn't ever sympathise with him, he seems so unlikeable) and selling out to Sony.

The first half of the book though is fantastic starting with impact of punk on the scottish music scene and how that got McGee going and starting the Living Room down in London.

I had a chance to join a Creation band but turned it down. Well we all make mistakes.

If you like the music that was "indie" from 1980 to 1995, and you've survived all those late night gigs and enduring the awful train lines of England, I would recommend this book, a huge huge YES.
What's this?