on 22 July 2011
I chose this camera because I didn't want to lug my DSLR with me on my next holiday to Russia (I didn't want to make the fact I was a tourist too obvious)
I tried out the camera in France last week and I am amazed at the results: Sharpness is brilliant, auto focus is better and faster than my 400D and the panarama facility is - well breathtaking. A4 printing shows little or no noise (on the best setting). Fast cards though, are essential as the files are quite large. The automatic setting with its intelligent facility does everything I could do manually with a brilliance I find extraordinary.
It is really useful to have the camera guide built into the menu for quick reference. There is much I have to learn with this instrument but from first impressions it will be a real pleasure.
It is heavy on batteries and I would suggest a couple of spares (I used Expro power plus @ approx £6 with no problems rather than OE batteries)
The lens is very good for its size and I took a couple or so night shots without a tripod (moonlight on water, that sort of thing) with excellent reults.
I have not used the movie facility and honestly can't see the need to, but time will tell.
All in all a wonderful bit of kit.
0Comment| 20 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink
What's this?