Learn more Download now Browse your favorite restaurants Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more

on 11 November 2011
I bought one of these 16GB Sandisk HD Video 30MB/s UHS-I cards for my Nikon D7000. And guess what? It worked fine in a Sandisk USB SD card reader but the camera didn't recognise it at all. So I returned it to Amazon, their returns service being exemplary as ever, and received a new card. Guess what? That didn't work in the D7000 either. Just before I was about to return the second card and give up I got an email from Nikon saying there was a firmware upgrade for my camera. I installed it and now the card works fine.

I suspect the problem area is that the card is UHS-I and the D7000 had variable compatibility with such cards as they are quite rare at the moment. I'm guessing that other reviewers here who've bought this card and had no issues with the D7000 have received the 20MB/s HD Video card which I believe is not UHS-I.

So if you have a Nikon D7000 make sure you have the most up to date firmware (Version 1.03) or you are likely to have issues with this card.
43 people found this helpful