on 17 May 2010
After my Kindle arrived from amazon my husband got jealous so we decided to buy an eReader in order to have 'the best of both worlds'. After much research I bought a BeBook Neo at the beginning of March.

I was surprised how very tinny the machine felt, the noise of the clicking to change page and the fact that it did not connect to my WiFi until I discovered hidden in the box a smalll piece of paper saying that it was not compatible with WEP security. I am not sure how it can be advertised as having WiFi if certain forms of security make that unusable.

Last week on trying to tap open the book I was reading the reader froze. The next morning the image had burned into the screen. It was a nightmare to get to the reset button - which would not reset - and then to open the back to take the battery out. 24 hours later the screen burn was even worse, it was impossible to see the state of the charge.

I got a returns number from the manufacturer and returned it to them in its original box within another box. I have received an email from them this morning to tell me that they found the screen was broken and that the screen is not covered by warranty and would I like it repaired for 125. I am not sure if they mean the screen was broken as in cracked (which it wasn't)or that it was mechanically broken. I have written back to protest vehemently.

As far as I am concerned it could be thrown in the rubbish bin because I consider it to be rubbish.
10 people found this helpful