on July 5, 2014
Oh my word, Cathy has done it again, Ivy Lane : Summer Part 2 was equally as good as the Spring Part 1 book if not better. This is probably because after a couple of pages, I remember the characters and I was right in there, down at the allotments, sunshine on my face. It really doesn't matter if you enjoy gardening or not, it's about the *village* community down at the allotment patch.
The main character Tilly Parker, opens up a little bit more, although her past hurt with James, still is hidden to Tilly alone. I think maybe each reader will be deciding on what happened to him, I certainly have, and time will tell if I am correct. Fellow allotment holder Charlie, is obviously still very keen on Tilly but she still sees him as friend material. We get to know other characters, especially Gemma, who Tilly lets into her life as a friend, after shutting others out. Gemma has a little story of her own.
However, as we knew from the last book, Ivy Lane is going to be on tv, showing, talking and following the allotment holders until their annual prize day. Producer Aidan arrives and Tilly finds feeling that have been hidden for 2 years. Tilly will not be rushed Into anything but is pleased to feel little bits of herself coming alive again.
What happened at the end of the book, was a huge cliff hanger, that I never saw coming!
I SO LOVED THIS BOOK. My only complaint is that I can't wait for Autumn Part 3.....yes Cathy, you are making me wish my year away.
This is one of the easiest 5 star books I have given, if the next two parts are similar, buy buy buy because there is nothing in this book to disappoint and everything to make you smile.
What's this?