on 27 November 2013
Scepticism is a wonderful thing and something I was guilty of with this purchase. I bought this speaker for going on holiday as it was small, weighs very little and allowed me to leave my main docking station at home for fear of it getting damaged.

I bought this based firstly on the price and secondly on the positive reviews.

I wasn't expecting a great deal from it, but the unit is fantastic. It comes well packed in a flip lid box, the speaker itself is contained within polystyrene which keeps it from being damaged in transit. Also within the box is a charging cable and a separate link cable to allow you to link multiple speaker together.

Setting up the device is so simple. The speaker actually had charge in it straight out of the box and I turned my bluetooth on on my phone and it found the device immediately and allowed me to pair it with ease. All you need to do now is select a song from your playlist and enjoy.

For the size of it (somewhere between a squash ball and a tennis ball) the sound is amazing, very good bass sound and not tinny as I was expecting.

There is a small circular rubber strip on the base of the unit, this helps the unit to stay in position when it is in use.

I tended to leave my phone close to the unit when playing music for the best reception however I tested how far away from the unit I could be and it was around 10m before the signal started to drop.

If you are looking for a cheap bluetooth speaker then you will not be disappointed, the sound and portability are both fantastic and the ability to link multiple speakers together is a bonus (I have not linked more than one together so I can't comment on the sound quality). Finally the unit itself is very robust, it has fallen from various tables etc and casing protects the speaker very well.
90 people found this helpful