on 12 March 2011
My sister is partially sighted and bought a Hetty to replace a very good, but old Meile. She has a guide dog who sheds quite a lot ( a lovely border collie/retreiver cross ). She has no problem with the dog's hair, or with her short-haired cat's hair and is very happy with Hetty.I visit often and my sister's floors and carpets are always very clean - she is very house-proud.
As for Which? magazine giving Henry a bad review - all I can say is that they once critisized a Wolf jig saw I owned by saying it was too noisy ( It's a jig saw for goodnesssake, not a Rolls Royce! ) and: it would not cut without the user pushing it forward ( I mean - what is the point of a jig saw if it cuts on it's own? How is it supposed to follow a complex curve without it's operator guiding it? ).
What I am trying to say is that Which? is not the only reference a buyer should use when buying an item, and in my experience, is NOT that reliable a source anyway. At least one person who critisizes Henrys in this section seems to think so - I do not.
A while ago I bought a Henry from Amazon, based on my sister's comments about her Hetty, and three people I know who also recommended I buy one. I am very pleased with mine - it is far better than a £365.00 Dyson I owned, but failed miserably after only six months - lost suction and never regained it no matter how often it was "seen to". I recommend both Henry and Hatty cleaners to all - very good cleaners - and low priced too!
P.S. My Dyson wasn't so tough when I hurled it up the garden path in complete frustration! But then it wasn't very tough on dust either.
P.P.S. My Wolf jig saw is now over twenty-five years old and is still working like a charm ,and boy! has it seen some use.
5 people found this helpful