on 2 February 2013
I was just 18 when I came across, what was then, in 1973 a tome of a book, the most ambitious I'd ever read - "The Winds of War". Mr Wouk's work has had a profound effect on my entire life and when I chanced upon "The Lawgiver" yesterday while wandering taking my Mum for a coffee, Mum replied immediately, "Oh yes. I remember 'The Winds of War only too well. You spent a two week holiday totally angrossed and it changed you.. and for the better!' Coming from Mum who alas has alzheimers that was such a breath of fresh air.

Mr Wouk, even in the few pages I've reviewed thus far, is as young and powerful as ever in his intellect and his ability to explain the great accounts of life, history and religion.

All I can say is, thank you Mr Wouk. You have greatly blessed us all for generations to come.
What's this?