on 15 June 2013
Like most people, I try to keep up with the national and international news across a fairly broad spectrum. I really don't have time to research every piece of news that catches my interest. For that, and here I am not alone, I depend on the normal media reports from TV, newspapers, etc. In the case of Iran, this has been a big mistake, and I am grateful to this book for alerting me to the fact.

As an atheist, I have little truck with theocracies anywhere in the world, so I must admit that I was predisposed to believe the worst of Iran. And there is much in their judicial, political and social systems that I will continue to condemn. The media reportage from any source I read, and the comments of our own parliamentary representatives, simply reinforced this prejudice on my part. To be frank, I considered my views on the subject of Iran to be "intelligent informed opinion".

I believe it was Lenin who asserted that a lie repeated many times would eventually become the accepted truth. In relation to the world view of Iran, that is certainly the case. Even the British Press and TV have now elevated earlier surmise and conjecture to the status of current fact. Which they then go on to use as the basis of their interpretation of events in Iran. In turn, this has led people like me to acquiesce unquestioningly in the sanctions (illegal) being imposed on the ordinary citizens of Iran. This book makes it very clear that Iran does not have, and is unlikely ever to have, aggressive nuclear capability. The source of this information? The American Intelligence community. But because it is an uncomfortable truth, it has been brushed aside and ignored (You can check the claim online).

This, and many other claims, together with a significant number of instances where genuine information favourable to Iran has been conveniently supressed, is/are laid open in this well-researched book. Whether you ultimately believe what is claimed in this book, or reject it, the book itself is certainly an eye-opener and provides links to the sources it has used so that you can test its veracity for yourself.

Well worth reading!