Learn more Shop now Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Learn more Click Here Shop now George Michael - MTV Replugged Shop now Shop Women's Shop Men's

on 26 July 2013
I bought this book because I'm always tired which means I find it hard to exercise & then sometimes make bad food choices which only make me more sluggish & it's all a vicious cycle so when I bought this I was hoping for some new advise on how to boost my energy.

The book claims to be 'The surprising truth'. There is nothing surprising about the majority of the tips in here. Eat more fibre & protein, drink less alcohol & caffeine, don't add sugar & salt to meals, drink water, exercise, exercise with a friend for motivation, try going to bed earlier, don't look at bright screens before bed. It's all standard healthy living stuff. Then there's the questionable tips such as doing the master cleanse or supplements. There's a lot of research to say that supplements or herbal remedies are placebos & it's a million pound industry keeping us all believing that we need these magic tablets & diets.

Maybe I was expecting too much as I do actually know how to eat well & which exercise is best & yet exercise still makes me tired & miserable as sin so I thought I must be missing something & that there would be some magic key in here to help me find the energy to do it more often but no, my summary is that the majority of this book is standard information. If you know anything about eating well & health I wouldn't bother with this book.
11 Comment| 6 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink
What's this?