3.0 out of 5 stars Great idea, poorly executed., 21 Nov. 2010
This review is from: Best of British Board Game (Toy)
Bought this as a family game for Christmas. Had a quick game last night to get the hang of it, and was a little disappointed. The instructions are somewhat confusing, and gameplay has not been thought through very well. As an example - the playing board is made of coloured squares relating to coloured questions on the cards. To start the game you answer a RED question, then move to the first RED square. This immediately skips the first 4 squares on the board EVERYTIME! We also found two questions with incorrect answers within an hour of playing. I'm hoping playing in a crowd will enhance the fun of the game - even if we do have to make up the rules as we go.

We've also ordered the Logo game, which has not arrived yet - but as it's in the same game-style, and by the same company - I'm already thinking it may not be as good as I'd hoped.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines ">here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in
  [Cancel]

Comments

Track comments by e-mail
Tracked by 2 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 10 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 22 Nov 2010 16:05:47 GMT
lozziebish says:
I haven't played Best of British but you won't be disappointed with the Logo game. It's fab!

In reply to an earlier post on 25 Nov 2010 00:05:11 GMT
I have both the Logo and Best of British game. The Logo game is far better and makes a lot more sense. Gez, i have to agree with you in regards to the Best of British game, its extremely confusing to play, especially as we were such avid players of the logo game, the layout contradicts that in the rules. Thoroughly disappointed.

Posted on 27 Nov 2010 09:49:06 GMT
S. Dockrill says:
I too am a great lover of the Logo game, and am/was looking forward to getting this one, though I have my reservations now, based on this review. Just out of interest, what were the two incorrect answers?

In reply to an earlier post on 27 Nov 2010 11:01:41 GMT
Gez says:
One answer said that Truro was in Scotland, I can't rememer the other one. Logo game seems much better TBH. We'll play the British Quiz, but will probably amend the rules to fit the gameplay.

In reply to an earlier post on 28 Nov 2010 12:59:55 GMT
Last edited by the author on 28 Nov 2010 13:00:56 GMT
alex-m says:
Actually there is a Truro in Scotland. It is in Perthshire. But what was the actual question? And I agree, the Logo game is brilliant -it brings out the competitiveness in the family.

Posted on 28 Nov 2010 15:06:29 GMT
B. DONNELLY says:
Am so glad I've read these reviews! I was just about to order the game, but now I'll not bother, perhaps I'll go for the Logo game instead.

In reply to an earlier post on 28 Nov 2010 15:52:09 GMT
Gez says:
Thanks Mobbser for correcting me. I still stand by my review with the exception of my mistaken geography. ;o) Got the logo game now and that DOES look much better.

In reply to an earlier post on 5 Dec 2010 16:54:40 GMT
Last edited by the author on 5 Dec 2010 16:55:19 GMT
You won't be disappointed with the Logo game. Bought it last Xmas and had great fun with the family.

In reply to an earlier post on 2 Jan 2011 17:07:19 GMT
Logo game is great but we have played a few times now and really could do with some extra cards anybody know if such a thing is available?

In reply to an earlier post on 6 Dec 2013 16:42:04 GMT
BREN GROOM says:
Played the Logo game with family and none of us were particularly impressed
‹ Previous 1 Next ›