I bought this camera on the basis of its specifications. However, there are major problems with it. I refer here mainly to the automatic setting as i haven't yet investigated all the manual functions [bear this in mind]. Nevertheless, the following are poor:
1. NOISE - v.large amount in conditions of anything other than daylight, and although the zoom is comprehensive, it is pretty much useless in this field given the amount of noise that quickly appears when used
2. DIMENSIONS - panasonic basically lie about these on their website
3. SOFTWARE - really quite pathetic - you'll just end up using photoshop if you already have it
4. EASE OF USE - not at all intuitive; especially with the manual functions. Menu is badly set out and confusing
5. FOCUSING/ANTI-SHAKE - focusing is slow; anti-shake is effective but at the cost of speed when taking a photo
6. WHITE BALANCE - using the presets doesn't seem to make any difference
In contrast, the good points are the looks, battery life, screen [+ 16:9 setting], ergonomics, flash - but these hardly make up for the more considerable failings above. Ends up being a pretty impractical camera...