on 9 May 2013
Detroit techno classic 'The Rains' with Kevin Saunderson on KMS was the first MK record I bought in 1990 and I've followed him since (Yikes! 23 years - I am now officially old!). I loved his techno and UK style hardcore that he made with Reese and his brother Scotti.

When I was that young and coming from a synthpop/alt background I was shocked to find I loved the garage stuff he made when he left Detroit and moved to NY just as much if not more which led me becoming a major US garage geek - the black denim wearing me of 3 years earlier would have been stunned. My mates couldn't get their heads round the fact I loved his Nightcrawlers mix which had the audacity to get to no 1! when I was supposed to be a Basic Channel purist.

MK and his student Todd Edwards then invented UK Garage (so it's not quite as UK as it sounds) and again innovation after innovation. That Jodeci mix is still so fresh.

After his R&B hiatus he's actually come back with some cracking new tunes too. I'm glad one of my favourite ever producers is getting the recognition he deserves.

Don't dither. Purchase!