on 5 April 2012
I have only recently got into Meshuggah. I had never heard of them before - which is quite a shock to myself!! I came across them browsing around youTube and listened to the 'Bleed' track, after that I went and bought a few of there albums Obzen, Nothing, Chaosphere and Koloss (just been released the day I heard them on the internet). What a great band, very extreme metal - so not for the faint hearted!! But so well written and performed musical pieces!! After listening to the above other albums, I definitely find this album to be the best, the song structures and the melodies are the best I've heard out of them. Lyrics by Haake are really good, check out 'Demon's name is surveillance'!!! I was shocked to find a 4 minute ambient style track, which again is amazing at the end of the album, which I think finishes it off quite nicely after you've had the mosh fest for the 9 songs before.

I also recommend the DVD with this one, there's a 25 minute making of the album and it's pretty strange to watch how they put the record together. I will definitely go see them live I hope they start to get noticed more in the UK soon!

Buy it, if your into metal. But only real hard metal!!
44 Comments| 2 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink
What's this?

What are product links?

1. Find the product you want to reference on Amazon.com
2. Copy the web address of the product
3. Click Insert product link
4. Paste the web address in the box
5. Click Select

Please write at least one word
You must purchase at least one item from Amazon to post a comment
A problem occurred while submitting your comment. Please try again later.

There was a problem loading the comments at the moment. Please try again later.

Product Details