on 22 June 2011
All I knew of Battles' work before this release was Atlas.

I was reminded of their existence by the video for Ice Cream (which is glorious, check it out in the battlestheband channel on YouTube. I'd urge you to view other similarly excellent videos by the Barcelona collective known as 'Canada' at partizan.com, but lets not get sidetracked.)

Anyway Gloss Drop is a delightful album, at the time of writing there's only one other review and I just wanted to say don't be put off by comments about the closing track featuring Yamantaka Eye, I liked it and would would go so far as to say I thought it one of the best tracks, its all a matter of taste I suppose. I do agree with the other reviewer that Gary Numan is outstanding on 'My Machines' though.

I'm surprised not to see Vampire Weekend listed in either the 'people also bought' recommendations on Amazon or the related artists on Spotify - in my opinion of you like Vampire Weekend you'll really enjoy this album (and vice versa).
What's this?

What are product links?

1. Find the product you want to reference on Amazon.com
2. Copy the web address of the product
3. Click Insert product link
4. Paste the web address in the box
5. Click Select

Please write at least one word
You must purchase at least one item from Amazon to post a comment
A problem occurred while submitting your comment. Please try again later.

There was a problem loading the comments at the moment. Please try again later.

Product Details