on 17 April 2005
I was looking for a new dect phone to replace my existing binatone dect phone that was 4 years old. I particularly wanted a dect phone that could take a headset as I work at home and am doing more and more phone meetings.
Installation/configuration was straightforward. The build quality of the handsets themselves looks a bit cheap but they work fine. Menus are simple and well laid out. The phone can be muted (called secrecy on the menu). Its stupidly placed next to the hang up button so you could press the wrong by mistake but you soon learn. The one I got came with an over the ear headset which worked fine but I found a bit flimsy. I replaced that with a plantronics m110 which works absolutely fine. I had to turn the ear volume on the headset down to minimum to stop the plantronics headset deafening me.
I was also able to register the existing blue binatone dect phone (that my partner particularly likes) with the base with no problem at all.
In terms of functionality - I can have no complaints. It does everything I want and its easy to use. The point that lets it down is it looks cheaper than it is.
What's this?