1.0 out of 5 stars No better than the ones you get free with iPad cases, 8 Sept. 2012
(Please note that this review was not posted just after buying the product, but after using it for several weeks)

I bought this via Amazon because of all the rave reviews, massively recommending it.

It was a replacement for one that looked pretty similar but which actually cost nothing - that one came free with an iPad case. That first one lasted about 2 or 3 months before the rubber tip cracked and broke. So I figured if you pay nearly £10 to replace that, it should be better, by which I mean I hoped and expected that it would last longer than the first one.

It didn't. It has lasted less than 2 months and despite what I would call typical/gentle use, already the rubber tip has a large hole in it and soon the thing will totally disintegrate and become unusable.

So I cannot understand why everyone seems to adore this MediaDevil stylus. I need to replace it already and one thing is for sure - I will buy a different product by a different manufacturer. If my experience is any guide, the MediaDevil stylus is no better and possibly not even any different to others that are given away free, so I now regard the £10 price tag as way too high. £1 might be a fairer price. It's OK when new but it doesn't last long. It also doesn't fit as neatly inside the iPad case as the first one did, as it's slightly thicker and the case won't shut as easily or neatly.

NOT recommended. If my experience is any guide, I would need to replace it every six weeks, and that would mean spending £90 a year (if not more) on the thing. That doesn't make sense. I just hope they better the quality and durability of the rubber tip, if not some other company will make this obvious improvement and get all the sales.

[Add comment]
Name:
Badge:
This badge will be assigned to you and will appear along with your name.
There was an error. Please try again.
Please see the full guidelines ">here.

Official Comment

The following name and badge will be shown with this comment:
 (edit name)

Is this your product?

Otherwise, you can still post a regular comment on this review.

Is this your product?

System timed out

Prompts for sign-in
  [Cancel]

Comments

Track comments by e-mail
Tracked by 3 customers

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 7 Apr 2013 16:28:54 BDT
Had this product a few months and the rubber tip has come away from the base for the price of it plus the cleaning cloth and spay l feel it is a very over priced product and l certainly would not recommend it as a good buy .

Posted on 3 Jul 2013 13:22:17 BDT
Hi there,

I hope you're both well! :)
I am sorry to hear that you're experiencing some difficulties with the tip of your Magicwand stylus, we'll of course be very happy to get this sorted out for you. As a friendly reminder, you will have received an email from us when your order shipped, letting you know that we're always here to help and asking you to please contact us if you experience any issues. We really do mean that! We also provide a direct support contact link in our product packaging instructions, and on the A4 paper invoice we provided with your order.

We're very well known for the quality of our after-sales service and you will find many positive comments about it on Amazon and online in general. For further reassurance I've copied our Amazon seller review rating for you below, which is one of the highest ones on Amazon:

Please do get in touch with us by either contacting us through your Amazon order history or by sending us an email directly to sales@mediadevil.com, we'll be happy to help!

Regards,

O E J says:

In reply to an earlier post on 24 Jul 2013 17:54:07 BDT
Last edited by the author on 2 Oct 2013 16:06:25 BDT
Hi there,

Thanks for getting back to us.

As you've mentioned in your original review, our Magicwand stylus range has a huge number of 5 star reviews (480 at the time of writing), many of which are verified reviews. We do not ever post fake reviews on our products, and I am very sorry that you have suggested that we engage in this practice. Earlier this year, we were the first Amazon seller to be featured on the Amazon homepage, and I can assure you that Amazon would not have been willing to do this if they had found any evidence of fraudulent activity related to our seller accounts. Unfortunately many companies do post positive reviews on their own products, however we have always focused on providing a quality product and service, and I'm sure you're aware that all of our products enjoy a very high star rating on Amazon. If you would like to discuss this further, Callum, our Managing Director, would be happy to give you a call. As the founder of the company, he, more than anyone, understands the importance of focusing on developing a strong brand and quality products rather than trying to get a few quick sales by leaving fake reviews.

It is very unusual that the tip of your stylus has torn and, as Catherine mentioned, we are very happy to help you out with this. Please get in touch with us at sales@mediadevil or through your Amazon order history with any further feedback or questions.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Anna
MediaDevil
‹ Previous 1 Next ›

Review Details

Item not available
Reviewer

O E J
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)

Top Reviewer Ranking: 229