on 15 January 2011
I have had this desk for a few days now and it looks beautiful. But to my dissapointment, this is the only good thing about it. Unfortunately for the price, it is not a great quality product. Building it was easy enough but I encountered problem after problem.
(1) First of all, the slide out keyboard tray was damaged. One of the little (great looking) metal fixers wasn't attached to the glass. I am going to have to glue it back on but at the moment the glass is just resting on it, really annoying.
(2) The little hang down tray for your computer is useless. Once it was fitted, the holes for the screws were so badly placed that it caused the tray to sit on a weird bending angle. This just caused my computer to constantly wobble, terrible design.
(3) Once assembled, I had to remove the metal back panel as there just isn't enough room for my computer to fit under the desk without it sticking out of the front, possibly causing me to run into it with my chair. Once this was removed, the entire desk feels very wobbly and I am going to have to fit it back on and find a new place for my computer.

For the price it is a very shoddy product. Apart from all of this, it is a beautiful looking desk and the only reason I am not returning it is because I won't get a nicer looking one for the price. Very unhappy with the quality but happy with the look. The only reason I gave it 3 stars is because 2 stars is labled 'I dont like it', which I do.... so 3 stars it is.
0Comment| 12 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse| Permalink
What's this?