on February 20, 2008
I bought this espresso maker recently to replace an ageing Russell Hobbs that I inherited from my Mum. I found it a good buy for the price. As stated previously even on the first cup (after two cleaning run throughs as per manual) it produced a lovely rich crema.

It also takes very little time to actual produce the coffee. At first attempt it was noisy but it was the pump trying to take water from the tank which wasnt seated properly - as its removable you have to make sure you press it down securely so it engages the feeder pipe.

Everything is sturdly made and to those that had leaks you are a) doing something wrong or b) have a dodgy one.

I used my favourite illy ground espresso coffee and no problems. I tamped the top and had no leaks doing this.

Also as for someone who criticised the manual, Im guessing you didnt get the same one as me as it was very easy to read with plenty of diagrams (at the front) so I really didnt find a problem here. Yes a few words were mis-spelt but it was obvious what they meant.
0Comment| 12 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse| Permalink
What's this?