on 24 August 2012
I actually think this is a 3.5-4 star film. I love 'creature features' and this is one of the best. But, I've given this blu-ray a five star rating because the picture and sound quality elevate it so far beyond the DVD and film alone.
This is a visually stunning film anyway, with director Greg McLean lingering lovingly on the sweeping shots of the Australian outback - and, having been there myself I can say he really does it justice! Once the action starts the film shifts to a lot of night scenes; and even then the picture quality excells. All in all, this is one of the best blu-rays I have seen. 10/10 for picture quality.
Then we get the sound: a ground-shaking, wall-vibrating DTS HD-Master 5.1 track that really utilises my speaker setup.
The extras look the same as the UK DVD edition.
I get really annoyed reading blu-ray reviews that don't bother saying anything about the picture and sound, and in all my reviews I aim to give the reader information that is actually useful rather than just my opinion of the film.
Finally, then, if you like the film (read other reviews for detailed plot information) then this is a definite no-risk upgrade to blu-ray.
0Comment| 12 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink
What's this?