on 1 October 2004
I purchased this book merely to find out more information concerning one of the oldest faiths in the world today...not because I believe in God, more because I am interested in what makes people believe in an entity, which they cannot see.
After reading through this and other books, I can see why people so urgently need to feel there is a God in their life. Many people feel trapped and alone in a very crowded, busy world and they desperately want someone to listen to them.
This book gives you good reason to want to believe, because if this guy God can do all this book says he can, then GREAT!
If "he" did provide us with the power inside ourselves to change this hopeless world of ours, then I say "Give it a try, even if you don't think there is a God".
Have a go at mass meditation; try to stop the wars, the disease, the poverty and the sadness! Try it, have a go at opening the door to your soul.
This book is crammed full with useful ways in which we can attempt to change our lives; it's a wonderful self-help manual. It's full of advice, understanding and beautiful sentiment, it doesn't force anything on the reader, it let's you decide how much or how little you wish to take in.
This is the sort of book that other "religions" should be handing out.
It's not a foot in the door, in your face, ordering about in the name of God type of thing.
The writer doesn't place blame on the reader, instead he understandingly suggests that we are all products of the stresses and strains of a modern day life.
I think Rabbi Yehuda Berg is quite cool.
The book is printed in a funky way, full of bright colours (I assume it's an attempt to drag a very old faith into a modern world). The page and text colours don't always work, some pages are actually hard to read. I thought maybe this is because the writer wishes you to peer into the book, to study the hidden meaning etc (But it might just be the work of some bad graphic artist, who knows).
It's a shame they chose to print the names of God in the colour they have, in bright light it's way too reflective. It makes it hard to picture the name in your mind...
should have been black on white.
I would have liked to have read more on the Kabbalah itself, maybe had more explanation etc...for instance why did they choose only those three paragraphs for the 72 names of God, why not any other set?
Anyway I have gabbled too much...
Basically it's an astonishing self-help book.
Meditation is good for the soul, no matter what religion you are
(even if like me, you don't have one).
We can all learn lessons from it, for instance smile more, be a nice person, concentrate on the more important things in life, like friends and family...
Be a HUMAN BEING! not a robot.
0Comment| 14 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse| Permalink
What's this?