on 25 June 2010
I've had this book on my wishlist for a while now and recently had the chance to leaf through it in a book shop - within seconds I knew I had to buy it at last! I have bought so many craft books which are uninspiring, poorly written or lacking detailed instructions - happily, this isn't one of them! It's so refreshing to find a craft book that you want to sit down and read cover to cover. The author writes in a succinct, interesting and coherent way, and she gives a perfect explanation of all the hand printing techniques you might want to try. The projects are simple but effective and the step by step instructions are very clear.

I disagree with the reviewer who said that the book was 'too American' and she was unable to source many of the supplies needed for the projects - I've only had the book a few hours and I've already found online, UK-based sources for everything I need!

I'd recommend this book to anyone creative, especially someone like me who is always looking for a new way to create unique handmade gifts and beautiful things for the home!
23 people found this helpful