on 8 May 2010
This book is certainly comprehensive being over 700 pages, but I can't say it was particularly helpful to me. For example I was amazed that the section on running technique comprised just 15 pages. And for that reason, although I read it in one go, I can't even recommend it as a reference book.

This may be the biggest book on running, but I don't think its the best. I would recommend something briefer, more suited to the specific type of race / distance you want to run.
What's this?