on 27 May 2010
I bought this adaptor to replace my existing 'white' adaptor.

I have just switched broadband supplier, and have found that the signal strength received to my XBox 360 has dropped significantly. Whereas, under my previous supplier, I always received 3 bars on the 360's Network screen, the new supplier was resulting in between 1 and 3 bars, and sometimes dropping me out of XBox Live altogether. Not much fun when online gaming.

For your information, my router is on the 1st floor at the back of the house, and the XBox is downstairs, at the front of the house, so a reasonable distance from each other.

I did some substantial research before buying the 'N' adaptor. It's quite a hefty price tag for something that I worried may not actually show any improvements. That said, I'm really impressed, and am now receiving (for the most part) the full 4 bars (never had that before!), occasionally dropping down to 3 bars (still fine for online gaming, with no drop out).

Because I already had the previous 'white' adaptor, I didn't bother with the install disk (which some have reported problems with). I simply unplugged the old adaptor and plugged in the new one. I had to turn my router off and back on again before it recognised it, but that was all. From then on in, no problems.

So, if like me, for whatever reason (changing broadband supplier, moving the XBox to a different location), you're no longer getting the reception you had before with your old 'white' adaptor, then I can confidently recommend that the 'N' Adaptor 'should' fix the problem. I say 'should' because nothing is certain..... except death of course..... but that's for another time and place! :-)
What's this?