on 26 September 2012
I was a child when I watched this on TV and it was fantastic. I remember taking the book on holiday and then on our return sitting in the cafe at the dover ferry station reading it until the girl told us 'We are closing, you have to leave now'.

The characters are all good, and story is very close to the book. I never believed it was a child's story, now at 55 I still think it is for adults and children alike. Some sentences, 'mind how you are looking at her' still send shivers when i read or hear it.

Buy and enjoy. It's story telling at it's very best and suitable for all ages.
0Comment| 7 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse| Permalink
What's this?