Learn more Download now Shop now Browse your favorite restaurants Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Learn More Pre-order now Shop now Learn more

TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 11 June 2013
I waited so long for this one. More than two years! It was worth the waiting though because it is a brilliant book, for Young Adults (but the no so young will enjoy it as much). It the 8th in the H.I.V.E series and cannot be read as a stand alone.
In Deadlock, after Laura's forced betrayal, we have Otto and Raven hot the tracks of Anastassia Furan but they cannot find her school, the Glasshouse.
Many Alpha students are still her prisoners and their time is running short. And they are losing hope of being rescued.

For those who have read all the books in the series, you will be pleased to know that Franz, yes our blundering Franz, comes into his own as a superb... oh sorry, I do not think I should tell after all. Better you find out by yourself.

We have less of Raven's ninja kicks but still loads of action. It is more team action this time and preparation rescue.

H.I.V.E Deadlock is an easy but very entertaining read. I read it in nearly one sitting. But compared to the other HIVE, I have found it more ''thoughtful'' and less over the top (oh, no worries, I love Over the top action). Maybe because our heroes are three year older? I think it is one of the best of the series.
It finishes on a cliff hanger, of course and you know that was is coming next is going to be bad, very bad, for Otto but also for the entire HIVE and GLOVE organisation. Let's just hope that Diabolus Darkdoom will come up with some of his new toys in time. And I hope the next book is just around the corner because I cannot wait another two years.

In the meantime, I think I am going to have a quick re-read of all the 7 previous Hive.
3 people found this helpful