on 31 August 2008
I was fortunate to be able to flick through this book before I ordered it from Amazon. This book is the favourite of both my son (12!) and my daughter, for it's dreamy, shabby-chic inspired theme. It is an ode to the home, and the room-by-room treatment of offerings is a perfect way to inspire the crafter to visualise a complete makeover! I love this book so much, that I ordered the Christmas version, which is just as lovely. However, since I can't see us adding the flying pigs to our Yule-time trimmings, this book remains our favourite to curl up to, with a cup of tea. I made the fabulous living room quilt as my first ever quilting project, and am delighted with the result, even if it is deliberately different to the original. There is not a single project in this book that I don't adore, including the daft little strawberry pin-cushion things. Even projects that I will never make, delight me at every turn of the page.
This book is a must for the armchair decorator, stitcher and crafter. Directions are better suited to those with some experience of following shop-bought, sewing pattern directions, or those who can grasp how to create three-dimentional items from two-dimentional fabric, but there are enough projects to suit complete beginners, too.
Everyone should own this book for the warm-fuzzy-feeling it imparts!
0Comment| 21 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse| Permalink
What's this?

What are product links?

1. Find the product you want to reference on Amazon.com
2. Copy the web address of the product
3. Click Insert product link
4. Paste the web address in the box
5. Click Select

Please write at least one word
You must purchase at least one item from Amazon to post a comment
A problem occurred while submitting your comment. Please try again later.

There was a problem loading the comments at the moment. Please try again later.