on 18 May 2013
I have loved FM since I first saw them live in the mid 80's and feel Steve Overland has one of the great rock/blues voices and should be held in the same general esteem as Robert Plant, Paul Rodgers and our Lord Coverdale. I spent ten years from 85 following them live (they were never less than magnificent) and playing all their albums to death.It was a sad day in 95 when I heard they were no more.

You can imagine how pleased I was to hear they were coming back. Unfortunately, unlike some other reviewers here, I found comeback album Metropolis a bit disappointing. Of course, there was some good songs but some of the material was a bit hit and miss.

Well, I can happily say FM have their mojo back! More hooks than a fishing competition, Steve Overland singing like his life depends on it and Jim Kirkpatrik's guitar strutting around the place like a peacock on heat. This is already there to be in my albums of the year and can't wait to catch them live again.

If you like you rock melodic and bluesy, you need to own this record. Can't wait to hear Rockville II now.
2 people found this helpful