on 14 April 2013
 OK Firstly I purchased this In car video camera elsewhere(China)
Second I had to purchase a separate micro memory card (Samsung 16 gig class 10)From Amazon).

Ok on to the build quality.
The camera and mounting/suction bracket are really light weight.And the camera seems to be well made.
But the mounting bracket although very adjustable,I have encountered one minor problem.
And this was on the lever that clips the the mount to the windscreen,the centre pin came loose.A dab of super glue should sort this minor problem.

Just remember when attaching the mount to your car windscreen,wipe your glass with a damp clean cloth and then wipe it dry.Then you should not have any problems getting the suction mount to stay attached.
So how does it perform?
Well actually setting the camera up is relatively easy,I just had a cursory glance at Chinlgish Instruction manual.
I have chosen to only use the forward facing video mode,since I doubt very much that any film footage would be any good from my 4x4 rear.And since I am not very photogenic (Some what ugly)

Anyway the on board display is fairly crisp and sharp.Now on to the important video quality.
So first off it displays its video when played back on your PC using it's own X2 software,it is in fish eye mode.
And using said software,well to be honest it is poor.And also very clunky slow etc.
But having said that,you can play back your video in software of your choosing.

I have only tested this in car video in daylight and dusk conditions.Therefore unable to comment on any night driving using this equipment.But I am not expecting great things from it.
So to conclude,for the money that I have invested in this little piece of kit.I think that it represents excellent value.

Would I recommend it,YES.
And for a good reason.I intend to put together a collection of film clips,of idiotic drivers.And then upload then onto you tube.

Points to remember.
1.Ensure your windscreen is clean and dry.
2.It requires a memory card of class 6 or higher over 2 gig,if you wan't to use a larger card then you can.
3.If like me you have large hands.Then when you remove the memory card you will have to disconnect both the GPS cable and the power cable.
4.The power connection from the Cigar lighter is a little lose.(Well on my 4x4 anyway)
5.The in car audio is very good(So no cursing at other drivers Ha Ha)
Thanks for reading I hope this helps...
UPDATE.
I have now done a little night driving with this in car video.And as I expected the video playback was somewhat poor.
With street lighting it is possible to make out other cars,but only just.Driving down country unlit lanes,it is nigh on impossible to make anything out.
Maybe if I could secure this,a little lower and further forward on my windscreen it would improve matters a little.
Anyway since around 90 percent of my driving is in daylight.It is not really a big issue for me.

Second update.
I am so impressed with this in car cam I am considering purchasing a second unit(HD this time)And fitting this unit permanently to the rear of my 4x4.So I would HD to the front and fish eye to the rear.And since I have a cigar lighter rear facing,I would not have to hide miles of cables.
Please check out my Video Car Cam Test.
Third Update
Ok i have now been using this car cam for sometime now.
And the cigar power cable failed,but i had a spare sat nav cable in my jeep.So that in its self was not a problem.When i got home and checked the original cable,it was a blown fuse.But what i have found,is the power in connection port seems to be a little loose.Any slight movement on the cable and it seems to knock off the charge function.Not a major problem,i just need to careful not to catch the cable.
I have also just used this In Car Camera whilst off Roading.And i was up and down some very steep hills.Also the general terrain was very bumpy(As you would expect)And the camera stayed attached to my windscreen throughout the entire day.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Final update.
The problem that i had with the power cable,connector to the car camera.Has now got to the stage where the camera will not stay powered on.
Also the micro memory card will not stay in its slot.One or the other of these problems would have rendered this car camera inoperable.But both problems together have now made it pretty much useless.And it is a great shame,because i enjoyed the secure feeling of having some proof in the event of a accident(Assuming i was innocent of course).
I will purchase another in car camera,sadly not this one.So the hunt begins.
430 people found this helpful