on May 7, 2010
Well, I bought this on the strength of nostalgia. Having recently watched Danny Dyer again in "The Business" and loving the soundtrack, I hankered for a bit of 80s music and I decided to give this album a shot.
I do remember at the time thinking how over hyped they were and getting annoyed that at almost every teenage party I went to , someone HAD to put this album on.
Time has mellowed me I think and I have found the revisit a very enjoyable one. Listening carefully to this album (rather than hearing it as background noise, whilst drunk on cider, cheap lager or vodka at aforementioned teenage parties) I have been pleasantly suprised at the quality - the "hits" are evident stand outs but the whole album works extremely well and the production is the key.
A far higher standard of music than I remembered (although maybe I'm just at that age when everything from my youth sounds better ??) and a producer who really pulled out all the stops.
22 comments| 11 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse| Permalink
What's this?